A Palestinian artist and writer living in Jerusalem. She holds a doctorate in contemporary Palestinian art. Her artworks come in the form of digital art, in addition to her work in video art and installation.
The methods and themes of her artworks vary from abstraction, Sufism, and ornament, in addition to her artworks on the reality of Palestinian life under occupation.
Maliha often embarks on her digital artworks from a philosophy and a vision that sees the subject and image as a workable substance that can take endless forms.
She has literary publications, as well as publications and articles in the visual arts, including her book "Graffiti of the Egyptian Revolution," issued in 2012, and "The manifestations of the Letter: The Aesthetics of the Text in Contemporary Palestinian Art," issued in 2014.
Work / Education
Artworks and activities:
- "Jerusalem the Capital of Palestine", Virtual Exhibition, Palestine, 2017.
- "A Compass", solo exhibition, as part of the march of return to the disparaged village of Atlet, Association for the Defense of the Rights of the Displaced, Haifa, 2018.
-"Infinity", video art, 2018.
- 1st of July 2015 – August 2016, Founder and Director of the “Beit Maryam” Art Gallery, Ramallah. The gallery opened in November 2015, and the work included organizing many exhibitions for Palestinian artists.
- Participated in the "Performance Art Workshop", Egyptian Ministry of Culture, Mahmoud Mukhtar Museum, Cairo, March 2009.
- Participated in the "One Minute movies Workshop", Town House Gallery, Cairo, 2008.
- "To Be Continued", video art, Cairo, 2008.
- "Monodrama, a play that includes performance and installations, written, acted , and directed by me, Cairo, 2008-2009.
- "Soof"; Wool, Installation, Prince Tazz Palace, Cairo, 2007.
- Participated in the "International Artistic Workshop", Palestinian Ministry of Culture, Ramallah, 2005.
- Participated in the "Summer School of Art", Khalil Sakakini Center, Ramallah, 2005.