Architect & Artist (ArtArchitect)
I am Yvette Yun-young Choi(Legal name : Yunyoung, Choi), an architect since have work in a architectural studio last 10 years and an artist who draws a series of woods, not woods.
I have drawn pictures of architectural design firms pushing aside traditional cities and creating a completely new one. As I have repeatedly witnessed the demolition and construction of cities and concrete structures, I have long enjoyed visiting the city's old towns and housing.
What I saw through these urban explorations was an image of urban forest, artificial nature, struggling or living life with great difficulty, although it is contradictory and contradictory to me. The artificial nature and the natural environment that humans planted and made in the background were still repeated over the years, and the natural ecosystem had been lost, so the apartments had to be cut down and arranged in order to avoid disruption.
Work / Education
11. 2017 Forest not Forest, Gallary Knot, Seoul, Korea
01. 2017 Nella loro vita, Insaart Gallary, Seoul, Korea
11. 2017 Affordable Art Fair- Singapore
07. 2017 Beauty in grace, Hangeong Gallary, Seoul, Korea
05. 2017 MONAD, Kimi Art, Seoul, Korea
04. 2017 2017 Gwanghwamun International Art Festival, sejong Museum of Art, Seoul, Korea
09. 2016 Affordable Art Fair- NYC, Metropolitan Pavilion, NYC, USA
08. 2016 ASYAAF Part3, DDP, Seoul, Korea
11. 2015 Win a prize, the 29th Korea Fine Art Competition, Introduction of National Patriot, Sema, Seoul, Korea
02. 2006 Seoul National univ. MA. Engineering (Architect)
02. 2014 Kookmin univ. Ba. Engineering (Architect)
09. 2016~now Gaggoda Architects
01.2006~06.2015 Heerim Architect & Planners