As an architect and artist, I have always been someone to wonder how and why we do things. Simply stated, my work is about observation and consideration.
Observation of what’s around me, of what I am doing or participating in at that moment, and, consideration of how these observations can be part of my artistic endeavors. Whether I design something or create an art piece, these two qualities are embedded in the work.
The purpose of the work is always to share those aspects of observation and consideration.
I use my photography, architectural design process and digital techniques as aesthetic generators for my artistic endeavors.
Work / Education
Summary of Professional Experience
The role of an artist is to develop ideas that reflect their sensitivity and imagination into creative works of art that respond to site, community and project.
As an artist, project manager and architect, and, as someone who has worked in the architectural profession for over 20 years in Pittsburgh and Toronto on various local, regional and international projects, Noël can effectively function in these roles.
With the ability to create art works and the professional background to manage projects he brings unique value added skills to any Public Art project where liaising between artists, targeted community groups, project consultants and owner becomes paramount.
Professional Experience - 2009 to Present
• Consulting Architect, Digital Artist, Photographer and Sculptor, Pittsburgh, PA
• Undertaking Architectural Design Competitions and Special Arts’ Projects
• Digital Artist of the Year, 2017 by Art Design Consultants, Cincinnati.
View at: https://adcfineart.com/pages/aca-2017-winners
• C&G Gallery presents “Flourish,” A Celebration of Flowers by C. Noël Kennard.
View at: https://www.cohenlaw.com/about-cg/cg-gallery/exhibits/flourish/
• Exhibit "Digital Landscapes - Digital Images interpreted as Paintings". A collection of digital photographs rendered as landscapes, from locations in Paris, New York, Toronto, Vancouver, Zurich, San Diego and Pittsburgh. Exhibited at the Jeffrey Smith Studio, Pittsburgh.
• Fine Art photographs on sale at The Pittsburgh Center of the Arts.
• “All That Jazz” - Digital Abstracts. An online exhibit of a personal interpretation of Jazz.
• ‘The South Side” - An online exhibit of photographs documenting the buildings and surrounds making up the eclectic nature of that area of Pittsburgh.
• “Fallen from Grace” - Digital architectural and fine art photographs. A proposed exhibit of the observation and consideration for the past and present conditions of the Saints Peter and Paul Church, East Liberty, Pittsburgh.
• “Churches” - Digital architectural photographs. An online exhibit of architectural photographs of local and international churches.
• “THIRTY SIX HOUSES” - An online Exhibition Looking for a Place. Thirty six abstracted Plans, Elevations and Sections of Houses presented in a six by six layout based on the De Stijl movement.
• “To the Sky” - Digital architectural photographs. An exhibit of architectural photographs as seen from the ground up. p.l.a.c.E.S - Digital Abstracts. Digital images exploring locations interpreted as abstract renderings.
Architectural Photography and Fine Art Books
• “IN.TER.PRE.TA.TIONS” - A comparative of architectural photographs in Black & White and COLOR.
• “Architectural Photographs - A Portfolio.” Architectural photographs as submitted to the American Institute of Architects, St. Louis Chapter, for the 2011 Annual Architectural Photography Competition.
• “Digital Landscapes - Digital Images interpreted as Paintings.” A collection of digital photographs rendered as landscapes, from locations in Paris, New York, Toronto, Vancouver, Zurich, San Diego and Pittsburgh.
Sculptures, Pittsburgh, PA - 2009 to Present
• Proposed “Object and Place” - a series of Cube based sculptures exploring how objects and location can make a place, to be located around the city of Pittsburgh with sponsorship through corporate, City and individual entities.
• Bachelor of Architecture Degree, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, NY.
• Bachelor of Architectural Technology Degree, Ryerson Polytechnic University, Toronto, ON.
Current Professional Registrations & Memberships
• Registered Architect, New York State.
• American Institute of Architects (AIA). Areas of Special Interest and Member of Knowledge Communities: Committee on Design, Project Delivery and the International Committee.
• Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design, Accredited Professional, LEED AP BD+C.
• Member, Board of Directors, Operation Valor Arts. A 501(c)(3) non-pro t organization with the mission of securing Veterans the necessary resources to design and construct public art.